STATEMENT OF FAITH
The following truths are held in joint agreement at EMERGE School:
• There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Isaiah 43:10, 44:8; John 1:1-3, 3:16; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
• Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. All who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Father. (Matthew 1:18, 23; Isaiah 53:5; Titus 2:14; Hebrews 7:25; Romans 3:24-25; Matthew 28:6; John 20:9; Hebrews 4:14).
• The Holy Spirit is a divine Person sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer and convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. (John 14:16-17; Acts 1:5, 8; Galatians 5:16, 25)
• The Old and New Testaments are accurate and trustworthy as originally given, were verbally inspired by God, and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of all. The Bible is to be the foundation of our lives. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-21; John 5:39; Matthew 24:35; Psalm 119:89).
• People are created in the image of God; male and female, God created us. We fell through disobedience, resulting in physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature and can be saved only through Jesus Christ (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12, 15-19).
• Marriage is a sacred vow between a man and woman, and one should abstain from sexual relations until married. (Hebrews 13:4; Genesis 2:24)
• All human life is sacred, including the preborn. God created each person in their mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13)
• Those who repent and believe in Jesus, accepting Him as personal Lord and Savior, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become children of God (Romans 5:1- 2, 6:23, 8:1; John 6:47; Ephesians 2:13; John 3:16).
• Local Christian churches are a body of believers who meet for the worship of God, for the teaching of the Bible, for prayer, fellowship, to share the Gospel, and to observe baptism and the Lord's Supper (Romans 6:4, 12:5; Acts 2:47; 1 Corinthians 11:26, 28, 12:12-27; Matthew 28:19-20; Psalm 111:1; Hebrews 10:24- 25; Acts 2:41).
• We believe Lord Jesus Christ is coming again. (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:12- 13; Hebrews 9:28).
EMERGE School is a non-denominational, evangelical school that believes that all genuine believers are one in Christ. The preceding Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets. It contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and from which we teach. Since there are denominational preferences among Christ-followers, the following areas are left primarily to the teaching of the home and church:
• Church government: authority, discipline
• Mode of baptism
• Security and the believer
• Timing of past/future events, including the age of the Earth
• Second work of grace: baptism of the Holy Spirit
• The following gifts of the Spirit: tongues, interpretation of tongues
EMERGE School desires to remain united in salvation and love of Christ, avoiding the dissension which may be caused by denominational distinctive. Students who express questions or concerns in these areas will be warmly received, and their questions deferred to their parents and pastor.